Information We Collect
User-Provided Information: You provide us information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, and other personally identifiable information (all referred to as “Personal Information”) if you register for a User account with the Service (including by “following,” “liking,” adding the Codgoat application, linking your account to the Codgoat service, etc., on a third party website or network). If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service. You may provide us information in User Content, such as your public profile and comments that you post to the Service.
Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page.
Third Party Analytics Services: Codgoat uses third party analytics services. See here for how Google uses data when you use our Service and how you may opt out (www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
How We Use Your Information
We use the Personal Information you submit or that we collect to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. We use your information in order to (a) provide you with the Service under our agreement with you and (b) where we have a legitimate interest in doing so to optimize the Service we offer and to let you know about our other products, services and promotions.
By providing us with your email address (which includes, but is not limited to linking your account to the Codgoat service on or through a third party website or network such as Facebook), you acknowledge we may use the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also acknowledge that we may send you notifications of activity on the Service to the email address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your account settings page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Following termination or deactivation of your User account, we may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, contract performance and enforcement, or audit purposes but for no longer than is necessary and only where the information is accurate and relevant for our use. Furthermore, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information (including User Content) contained in your communications to other Users or posted to public or semi-public areas of the Service after termination or deactivation of your User account.
If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to the Service, we will ask you for that person’s email address and automatically send an email invitation. We store this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service.
We may use certain information about you and/or your User Content internally for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
How We Share Your Information
Personal Information. We will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others. We may share your Personal Information with third parties (such as hosting providers, payment processors, database providers, customer support providers, and our related, subsidiary, and affiliate companies) for the purpose of providing the Service to you. If we do this, such third parties’ will be contractually bound to safeguard your Personal Information. We may store Personal Information in locations outside of our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers) on the basis of an agreement to safeguard your information.
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
Any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as content that you “liked”, your first and last name or your username, or placed into a collection and User Content, becomes available to the public (and may be searched by search engines), whether or not you are signed into your account. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
Non-Personal Information. We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties, including our related, subsidiary, and affiliate companies to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Codgoat services.
Targeting and Marketing. Although we do not serve third-party advertising on our Site, we do work with third-parties to target advertising for our Site on the third-party websites. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How We Protect Your Information
We care about the integrity and security of your Personal Information and implement appropriate technical and organization security measures to safeguard your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Codgoat or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of Codgoat distributors, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Codgoat, at all times.
Your Choices About Your Information
- Decline to Submit Information. You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through the Service, in which case Codgoat may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- Update Account Information. You may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging in to your account settings page. You can also exercise any of your rights by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
- Unsubscribe from emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send dedicated newsletters and marketing messages on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honor your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
- Disabling local shared objects (e.g., Flash cookies). We may use other kinds of local storage that function similarly, but are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, including Flash cookies placed on your device or web browser via the Adobe flash plug-in. Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage. Click here for further details about deleting information contained in “local shared objects” or adjusting related preferences.
- Options concerning third-party ad networks. We do not have third party ads on our Site but we do use third parties to target our own ads on other websites. For more information about third-party ad networks and services that use these technologies, you can visit www.aboutads.info and click here to opt out or to learn more about your options. You also may visit the NAI’s site for additional options on how to opt out of interest-based advertising.
EEA Residents. If you are located in the EEA, or if otherwise required by applicable law, you also have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Inspection and access: you can request from us a summary and a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you;
- Correction/addition/removal: where you believe your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request us to correct, amend or delete it;
- Portability: you may request that we send you any Personal Information that you have provided to us or ask that we send this information to a third party;
- Objection: you may object to us using your Personal Information where we use it based on our legitimate interests to do so;
- Restriction: you may request that we restrict the processing of your information where you believe it is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, you believe we no longer need the information or if you have objected to our use of it; and
- Automated Decision Making: where we undertake automated decision making (including profiling), which significantly affects you, you are entitled to object to such decision-making.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for data protection in your jurisdiction.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Members. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any Personal Information to or on Codgoat. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Links to Other Web Sites