Who we are
Information We Collect
User-Provided Information: You provide us information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, and other personally identifiable information (all referred to as “Personal Information”) if you register for a User account with the Service (including by “following,” “liking,” adding the Codgoat application, linking your account to the Codgoat service, etc., on a third party website or network). If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service. You may provide us information in User Content, such as your public profile and comments that you post to the Service.
Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page.
Third Party Analytics Services: Codgoat uses third party analytics services. See here for how Google uses data when you use our Service and how you may opt out (www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
How We Protect Your Information
We care about the integrity and security of your Personal Information and implement appropriate technical and organization security measures to safeguard your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Codgoat or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of Codgoat distributors, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Codgoat, at all times.
Your Choices About Your Information
- Decline to Submit Information. You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through the Service, in which case Codgoat may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- Update Account Information. You may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging in to your account settings page. You can also exercise any of your rights by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unsubscribe from emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send dedicated newsletters and marketing messages on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honor your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
- Disabling local shared objects (e.g., Flash cookies). We may use other kinds of local storage that function similarly, but are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, including Flash cookies placed on your device or web browser via the Adobe flash plug-in. Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage. Click here for further details about deleting information contained in “local shared objects” or adjusting related preferences.
- Options concerning third-party ad networks. We do not have third party ads on our Site but we do use third parties to target our own ads on other websites. For more information about third-party ad networks and services that use these technologies, you can visit www.aboutads.info and click here to opt out or to learn more about your options. You also may visit the NAI’s site for additional options on how to opt out of interest-based advertising.
EEA Residents. If you are located in the EEA, or if otherwise required by applicable law, you also have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Inspection and access: you can request from us a summary and a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you;
- Correction/addition/removal: where you believe your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request us to correct, amend or delete it;
- Portability: you may request that we send you any Personal Information that you have provided to us or ask that we send this information to a third party;
- Objection: you may object to us using your Personal Information where we use it based on our legitimate interests to do so;
- Restriction: you may request that we restrict the processing of your information where you believe it is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, you believe we no longer need the information or if you have objected to our use of it; and
- Automated Decision Making: where we undertake automated decision making (including profiling), which significantly affects you, you are entitled to object to such decision-making.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for data protection in your jurisdiction.
Links to Other Web Sites